2017 Love Is Vickery Summer Soccer League
Reaching the kids and youth through soccer
The Vickery summer league is one of the most anticipated kids and youth recreational league in Vickery Meadows. It is a unique league that allows kids and youth, from different parts of the world, to form their own team to compete against each other.
Since 2009, we have been enjoying our own mini-world cup! It is exciting to watch different teams from different ethnic groups playing against each other. We have kids and youth from Afghanistan, Bosnia, Bhutan, Burma/Myanmar, Burundi, Congo, Ethiopia, Iraq, Liberia, Somalia, Sudan, and Tanzania. Once a year, all of them converge to play soccer.
It is our desire to share the love of Christ through our volunteers from the different churches and organizations in the community.
To create a fun, safe, and encouraging environment for the refugee and inner-city kids at Vickery Meadows to make a big impact in their lives.
July 8, 15, 22, 29, Aug 5, 12 - Soccer Tournament
9am - Volunteers arrive
9:20am - Prayer and volunteer huddle
9:30am - Start registration
9:45am - Announcement and Sharing of the Word of God.
10am - League Match #1
10:35am - League Match #2
11:10am - League Match #3
11:45am - League Match #4
12:20pm - League Match #5
1pm - Tear down/Volunteers leave
First bracket: 7 - 9 yrs old
Second bracket: 10 - 11 yrs old
Third bracket: 12 - 14 yrs old
Fourth bracket: 15 - 18 yrs old
• Enforcing basic soccer rules to avoid injuries and potential conflict.
• No offside, not strict on throw-ins, and watch for the dangerous high kicks.
• Have fun and get to know the kids!
Team Assistant (No Experience necessary for the 10-13 yrs old division)
• Handling substitutions.
• Encouraging good team dynamics.
• The goal is to establish relationship with the kids for mentoring and discipleship.
• Managing/Distributing t-shirts
• Washing the t-shirts
• Setting up/Tearing down goals
• Setting up the drinks
• Picking up trash at the end
• Picking up/Dropping off the kids from Shiloh Apartment and Newport Landing Apartment.
• Drivers need to fill out the Northwest Van policy form.
• Drivers should only allow the required number of passengers in the van.
• Two vans to pick-up the Shiloh boys
• Two vans to pick-up the Northwest boys
• Coordinate the first aid station
• Responsible for preparing the first aid kit
• If a player need medical assistant, inform the main coordinator